Shutterfly - Lousy customer service

I ordered an 8x10 enlargement of a family photo.It arrived with my grandson cut off on the right side and a lot of space on the left side.

I sent an email about this to Shutterfly requesting them to redo the enlargement, as the photo I uploaded was perfectly centered. I received a response saying that I had not cropped the photo correctly (it didn't need cropping), that any photos uploaded were automatically cropped to 4x6 size, so enlargements were made from their automatically cropped photos. I again requested them to redo the enlargement without charging me again, or to refund my money, as their website doesn't include any notification or instructions about automatic cropping.

I am very unhappy with the customer service of this company, and will never order from them again.It is clear from the responses to my complaints that they do not value my business.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Shutterfly Photo Services
Review category
Auctions and Internet Stores
review #759327

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Shutterfly? Submit review ›
Helpful? 1 Yes 1 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Jan 13 #1093628

Shutterfly has AWFUL customer service. I found that even if a defect is found in the product, and you complain about it (it's happened to me more than once), that they will flag your account and possibly even make it impossible to contact them via email.
Horrible company to work with. The phone reps are unprofessional and take pride in disconnecting calls also.

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.