I have been a shutterfly customer for years. I have always been pleased with my orders.

This week I received a package with 3 custom Christmas ornaments that I had planned to give as gifts.When I previewed them and ordered them all 3 photos looked perfect on the ornament. When they arrived, one was completely off center and two had people missing from the photo on the right hand side. I hit the chat button on the website, was connected to someone who I assume doesn't speak english. He had a hard time understanding that I wanted all three replaced and rushed to me.

I ended up being told to reorder on the website and use a credit he was applying to my Shutterfly account. When I asked about the rush shipping charge he told me to call the customer service line and they would rush my order to me. He failed to tell me that I could only use one free ornament credit per order and it requires a promo code which I don't have. I then called the customer service number, got another person who doesn't speak english.

!0 minutes later he finally understands my email address, puts me on hold for 10 minutes , comes back and says they are reprinting my ornaments. I asked when they will arrive and he said the credit will appear on my account for me to order them so I was right back where I started. The website sends you in circles if you ask for return information, or an email address. It never gives answers you can actually use.

I would not recommend using the chat line or phone number as they were very unhelpful. I was able to find a customer service email address after a Google search and sent an email.

I got an automated reply email back that said please contact customer service on their website. The circle continues ....

Product or Service Mentioned: Shutterfly Ornament.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

Shutterfly Cons: Ease of site use, Not user friendly customer service.

Comments