To say the least, choosing Shutterfly was not worth the money.I ordered a sample save the date which was to arrive in a week.

When I did not receive the sample within the time frame given, I checked the tracking and it seemed to be lost in the mail. I was already pressed for time, since the save the dates should have gone out a month ago. So, I called customer service and asked that another sample be sent, they told me it would be another week. I asked if they could expedite shipping and they reluctantly said they could guarantee delivery the next day.

Well, the next day came and nothing arrived, so I checked the tracking info they gave me and noticed they did not actually expedite shipping. Another week went by and the lost sample somehow arrived, I was satisfied with the product and ordered bulk since again, I was pressed for time and just needed to get the save the dates out. The bulk order arrived a few days later. So, another week and half went by before I finally received the second sample requested and not only did it arrive, so did another customer's order of holiday cards.

This really solidified that Shutterfly's organization and shipping skills need improvement and this kind of thing happens often. I called customer service to see if I could ship the holiday cards directly to the customer and they wanted me to ship the cards to the warehouse and then they would send them to the customer once they arrived. That is not the way to do business, at the very least, the company should reprint the order and send new cards to the customer. If my whole save the date shenanigan took a month, there is just no way that the other customer would be able to receive and send their cards before the holidays.

So, to shut me up, they lied and said that they sent the other customer my contact information and if they wanted me to ship the cards directly to them, they would have to call me. While I wait for the customer to contact me, they sent me a shipping label in my email and have asked me to return the cards. They never changed their plan of action from the beginning, they are waiting for those cards so they can send them to the correct person. Funny story, I never did receive a call from the other customer.

Additionally, I found their products to be more expensive than competitors.

I would hope that Shutterfly's customer service would justify the price, but it did not.They take forever to ship orders and their product quality is similar to the rest.

This reviewer shared experience about bad quality and wants this business to read this review and look into the issue (if any). This person is overall dissatisfied with Shutterfly. Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Shutterfly.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Auctions and Internet Stores category for more informed decision or compare Shutterfly to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with Shutterfly?

Comments