I recently tried to set up a Shutterfly account and was notified that my e-mail address already existed in their system. Ok, so I must have set up an account at some earlier time.

No problem...but when I asked for a new password the system indicated that my e-mail address was not valid. How it can it "already exist in their system" while at the same time not be valid? So I tried to set up a new account with a different e-mail address that is new. Once again the Shutterfly system said my e-mail address already existed in their system...how could this be?

I know for a fact that this is a new address that I've not used to set up an account with them. Of course, when I tried to get a new password for this second e-mail address the system responded that the address is not valid. UGH!! I spent several minutes on hold with Customer Service so gave up and tried the next day.

Now I've been notified that I need to file an e-mail request for an official password reset...a process that I've started but that is not complete and is taking WAY too long. Horribly clunky process, not user-focused, and completely off-putting.

I would have nothing to do with Shutterfly but my child's k-garden class is now posting pictures there. Frowny face to the max.

Product or Service Mentioned: Shutterfly Account.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Comments